Friday, August 11, 2017

I'm Alive

Hey guys, I know it's been a little over a year now since I last posted, but the idea just crossed my head, so let's see how it goes.

Yesterday I had my follow up appointment to my sleep study. The study was horrible, by the way. First they make you sleep all covered in bands and wires and a thing in your nose, then they wake you up at the crack of dawn, well, before the crack of dawn actually, and they tell you you can't sleep - which of course makes you want to sleep. Then, every two hours they tell you, okay, get some sleep. Sleeping is easier this time because there's not a sensor in your nose. But then comes the worst part, they wake you up and tell you you can't sleep anymore. Five of these little naps you take. As you get more and more sleepy and it's just awful. Or maybe that's just me. While it took me some time to fall asleep during the night, apparently during the day it was a different story. Apparently I fell asleep in, on average, three minutes six seconds on all five naps. The doctor explained that although it was not true narcolepsy because I did not go into REM sleep during the naps, it is treated the same way.

Remember back my sophomore year of college when I had to drop out of school because I couldn't stop sleeping? Well I guess we know why now. Idiopathic hypersomnia. So sleepy.

I've also been having some issues with chronic pain. From what I've heard exercise is super good for it. Which is great because it's so hard to do anything when a. I'm always exhausted and b. my work doesn't even have chairs, it's all standing. (Aside, I work as a pharmacy technician now, counting pills, fitting right?) I'm struggling to figure out a plan I can actually follow through with. Even if I try using an app or keeping track on my phone, I'm just too tired to care. Any suggestions?

That's me in a nutshell exhausted and in pain. What about you all? How have you been this past year?

Image result for i'm alive meme
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Did you enjoy this? Subscribe and get these posts delivered to your inbox as soon as they're released.