Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Liebster Award

Jackie Marie from Indecisively Blogging and AbsentElemental from Short Stories and Sustenance nominated me for the Liebster Award.

Because I am that amazing guys.

Liebster Award Rules
-State 11 facts about yourself
-Answer 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you
-Nominate 11 new bloggers and set 11 questions for them to answer. Oh, and these bloggers are supposed to be new bloggers or bloggers with less than 200 followers.
-Include the Liebster Award logo in your post and/or the side bar.


Facts about me:

1. I have an emotional support cat named Storm. This means that she can come with me on an airplane and live with me even if pets aren't allowed where I'm staying. It also means that pet fees don't apply to her. I got a letter from my doctor "prescribing" her. She's the sweetest cat ever. Usually when I wake up she's laying on my chest or back or whichever surface is best to sleep on. She's currently in my lap. I think she's helped me a lot.

2. I'm so afraid of messing up my URL so much so that I copy and paste it. Every time.

3. As open as I am, or seem to be, about my mental illness, there are still a few people in my life who don't know. I spent most of my life trying to hide it because I was afraid it would change all of my relationships. The stigma clouded my judgment. Now, I believe that if you don't want to be friends with me because I have an illness then I don't want to be friends with you. I try to be as open as possible about my illness and my treatments. And I'm always open for questions.

4. Thinking up 11 facts is very difficult for me.

5. I'm currently working on a Bachelor's in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. I have minors in Computer Science (which used to be my major, but I switched when I decided I hated it), Psychology, Counselor Education, and Neuroscience. I think I want to do research in Neuropsychology. Or basically looking at how the different things in the brain affect behavior and thinking. I want to focus on mental illness for obvious reasons. I'm also terrified of being on an ethics board and making the wrong call which could lead to disastrous consequences.

6. I'm afraid of taking an IQ test because I fear the results will be ordinary. (If it's not yet obvious, I'm rather uncertain of myself.)

7. I moved about 10 times by the time I was 11. But I have lived in the same house since then. Well, my parents have lived in the same house since then. This past year I've I had four zip codes. And I'm moving again in July/August. My parents are also moving in a few months.

8. I don't shop at Wal-Mart unless absolutely necessary. Wal-Mart is a very evil corporation. I've also never eaten at McDonalds... another evil corporation whose food has an absolutely dreadful quality.

9. I have three sisters ages 15, 18, and 26, and as much as I pick on them (and beat them up when we were younger), I love them all lots.

10. The inability to do physics that I have is genetic. Physics is like the bane of our existences.

11. The only types of make-up that I like are nail polish and eyeliner. I almost never wear make-up. I've recently started to wear nail polish more, but I still never put eyeliner on. It's so difficult when you're as blind as I am, and it takes more time than putting none on.

Questions:

Because I was nominated twice, I'm going to answer all of the questions.

1. What is your most embarrassing moment?
I honestly have no idea. I don't really embarrass easily because I do so many embarrassing things. The thing that comes to mind first is when I said "erection" instead of "extraction" in 8th grade.

2. If you had to have the same thing for dinner every night for the rest of your life, what would you want that dinner to be?
Chocolate.

3. If you could invite one celebrity over for dinner, who would that be? Why?
Probably J. K. Rowling. Except I don't think I'd be able to speak to her. I'd just stare at her and think about how amazing it was to meet her. Unless she started going on about how Harry and Hermione should be together. Because that is a thing I do not agree with.

4. What is your favorite movie?
I... honestly have no idea. I'm not a big movie person and I don't watch a lot of movies. It used to be Dead Poets Society, but I haven't seen that one since... well about since 8th grade. So, I don't really know.

5. What are your top 3 guilty pleasures?
Watching TLC, "dancing" alone in my room, Silk brand iced coffee and other food products from bad corporations.

6. What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?
My iPod doesn't work, but on my computer it's... Trainwreck by Demi Lovato.

7. If your life had a theme song, what would it be?
Um, right now what comes to mind is Lazy Bones by Green Day.

8. If you had the chance to be a contestant on a game show, which game show would you pick?
Is there a game show where everyone wins? Maybe Deal or No Deal? Or Smarter Than a Fifth Grader... I've only seen that one twice, but they do ask some hard questions.

9. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
Maybe Extreme Moose Tracks? I like lots of chocolate.

10. What is your favorite book?
My usual go-to is the Harry Potter series.

11. What websites do you visit most frequently?
Tumblr, Bloglovin', and Statcounter.

1. What is your earliest memory?
I don't have one specific memory. There are stories I've been told so many times I think I remember, like learning how to crawl, but I'm not sure if I actually do.

2. What do you consider to be the biggest scientific breakthrough of all time?
Making the internet accessible/affordable for everyone.

3. What is your favorite color? Why?
Blue. Why? That's tough. It's visually pleasing? I don't know.

4. If you could pick one city to live in for the rest of your life, where would you choose?
That's another tough one. I don't know that I've been to enough cities to make that call. Probably somewhere on the west coast. Maybe San Diego, Seattle, or Portland. Ask me again in five years and I might have a better answer.

5. What is your favorite video game?
Probably Rock Band or Guitar Hero. I'm not really a gamer. That's about all I've played.

6. If you could go back in time and change one thing about your life, what would you pick?
Um, I'm not sure. There's nothing I really regret. And I know if I lived my life over I would probably do the same thing that I did.

7. What’s the ideal temperature for your home?
I really suck at questions. I haven't ever been in charge of the thermostat

8. What is your favorite movie ever?
See above.

9. Why did you start your blog?
Originally I thought I would be a humor blog. Hysterical, I know. My earlier posts were much funnier. I guess I wanted something new to do.

10. What is the earliest acceptable date for people to start hanging Christmas lights?
I like Christmas lights. I would say right after Thanksgiving. Christmas music on the other hand, the week of Christmas, or less.

11. Shower or bath? Why?
Shower. Except I like to sit in the shower. Because I'm lazy. Why? Um... I don't know. (If anyone made it through reading all of these I doubt you're surprised that I don't know.)

People I nominate:

I have no idea about follower count, so I'm just going to ignore that part. Also, I'm going to try and only nominate people I have not seen nominated by anyone else. If you haven't checked these guys out, you should!

1. Authorized Musings
2. Don't Panic
3. Every Song Ends
4. Lazy Confessions
5. Memoirs of a Schizo...Affective
6. More Than Yesterday
7. Resplendent by Design
8. Schizophrenic Confidential
9. The Sunny Side of Insanity
10. 108fate
11. 6birds

Questions:

I'm going to cheat here and just say pick 11 out of the questions I answered.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Did you enjoy this? Subscribe and get these posts delivered to your inbox as soon as they're released.