Friday, November 29, 2013

You Know You're An Adult When....

You clean on the weekends.

You don't clean on the weekends.

You spent two hours in the car talking with your friend about home improvement projects.

You spent two hours in the car singing with your friend.

Age is such a weird thing. When you turn 18 there's supposed to be some magic change - you go from being a kid to an adult.

marvel away


However, as I think we all know, that doesn't really happen. I think someone at any age can be an adult. Just as I think someone at any age can be a child. It may or may not be a conscious decision. When someone makes a decision as an adult s/he knows that s/he will have to suffer the consequences of that decision. However, if the decision is made by a child s/he may be shocked at the repercussions. There are common terms for this, "old soul" for a child acting as an adult or "kid at heart" for vice versa.

I've been sitting on this post for what seems like several weeks now. I had so many things I wanted to add, but as soon as I started writing they all left my head. For lack of a better thing to do, I'll just post it now. But not before leaving you with some wise words from my bank

Let me tell you, bank, I often find myself wondering, just how much vehicle can I afford?

Also, if you haven't listened to Let Her Go by Passenger, you should. It's my new favorite song.


iknowitstop40shutup

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Did you enjoy this? Subscribe and get these posts delivered to your inbox as soon as they're released.