Thursday, June 12, 2014

My Med Story

I know that I'm always curious about others and the medications they've tried, and I know a lot of bloggers have pages that explain what they're taking. I just started on a new medication. So, I decided to do a post.

I've been on psychiatric medications since December of 2012. After a psychotic episode my therapist and I decided that it was probably the way to go. On the bright side, I have not had a psychotic episode since I started on medication.

One of my psychotic episodes happened while I was home on fall break from school. My air conditioner was off, but it was moving. For those of you who have never experienced visual hallucinations -- they're fucking terrifying. Appliances that are off shouldn't move. Yeah, I know, how do I know it was off? And so on. I've heard it all. Just trust me. It was moving. And it was scary. I was so scared I texted one of my friends I was on rocky grounds with. Because I didn't know what else to do. At the time I was still half in the closet, but working my way out, with most of my friends. I ended up leaving the room to take a shower. When I came back it was still moving. Very scary.
When I told my therapist, through a letter because I was too scared to tell her outright, she said the next step was medication. And I hadn't started on it right away because of my inability to talk to people. Apparently psychiatrists aren't as tolerant with anxiety disorders as therapists are.

The medications I have tried in various combinations in the order of being prescribed them:
The medications I am currently on are bolded.
The dosage I am current on is italicized.
Last Updated: 4/18/18

Zoloft (sertraline)
Desyrel (trazodone)
Vistaril (hydroxyzine)
Effexor (venlafaxine)
Remeron (mirtazapine) 
Klonopin (clonazepam)
Wellbutrin (bupropion)
Xanax (alprazolam)0.5 mg tid
Deplin (l-methylfolate)
Inderal (propranolol)
Abilify (aripiprazole)
Strattera (atomoxetine)
Viibryd (vilazodone)
Cymbalta (duloxetine)
Ambien (zolpidem)
Emsam (selegiline transdermal system)
Lamictal (lamotrigine)
Pristiq (desvenlafaxine)
Lunesta (eszopiclone) 
Concerta (methylphenidate ER)
Brin/Trintellix (vortioxetine)20 mg
Seroquel (quetiapine)
Eskalith (lithium) – 2x300 mg bid
Norpramin (desipramine)
BuSpar (buspirone)
Lexapro (escitalopram)
Provigil (modafinil)
Lyrica (pregabalin)
Nuvigil (armodafinil)
Elavil (amitriptyline)75 mg
Neurontin (gabapentin)
Adderall (amphetamine salts)10-20 mg prn
Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine)60 mg
Vraylar (cariprazine)1.5 mg
Restoril (temazepam) – 30 mg
ProSom (estazolam) – 2 mg
Sonata (zaleplon)10mg


I plan on making a link to this page on my About Me page and keep it updated the best I remember.
And as always, if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Did you enjoy this? Subscribe and get these posts delivered to your inbox as soon as they're released.